More Testing, another day, another graphPosted: December 13, 2012 Filed under: Homemade Boiler, Testing | Tags: Arduino boiler control, data logger, homemade chip boiler, Magnehelic, sawdust bridging Leave a comment
I rebuilt the burner yesterday added more air holes in selected areas and tried to stop up the misc air leaks to see if that
would add more power. I’ll let the graph speak for itself. Note the issue at 45 or so minutes in where the temperature started to drop. At this point the sawdust bridged so badly it wasn’t feeding any fuel. After I poked the sawdust in the hopper, the temperature continued to rise. I had to continue to poke the pile to get the feed rate to be somewhat normal. Looks a lot like yesterday’s graph, so I am thinking about adding some additional air through a forced draft fan on the front end of the process. Once again the burner did do the job but slowly and until approx. 379 minutes or a little more than 6 hours into the test did the temperature rise past the point where the circulator turned on. I measured the chamber pressure, in this case vacuum and it measured .1″ H2O so additionally I am wondering if I need a larger exhaust fan as well.